Navigating College Admissions for Students with IEPs/504s
Apr 29, 2015
7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Only 28% of students with disabilities graduate college. Most do not take advantage of college services available to them.
Learn how to help your student with Learning Disabilities:
- College vs. High School: What the LD student should expect.
- IEP, 504, ADA: What you need to know about accommodations.
- Psycho-ed testing WAIS vs. WISC: 16 years 9 months makes a difference.
- College admissions: How colleges evaluate applicants.
- SAT or ACT: Is one better for kids with LD?
- Services at colleges: Minimal to comprehensive
- Best Colleges for students with LDs
Parents and students are encouraged to attend.
Presented by Eliot Applestein, M.A./MSW. Eliot Applestein has appeared on Talk of the Nation and written about college admissions for The Washington Post. He has contributed to U.S. News & World Reports America’s Best Colleges. Visit bestfouryears.com for more information.
All proceeds go to support the JCCGW special needs program.
For more information, contact Leah Schwartz at 301.348.3735 or firstname.lastname@example.org.