The gift of time, talent, and expertise is one of the most important ways to support your Center. The Bender JCC is in constant need of enthusiastic volunteers. Volunteering at the Center furthers your connection to the community and provides an invaluable network of resources to help others.
For more information, contact Stacy Katz-Olivera at 301-348-3889 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our Bender JCC families in volunteering or participating in these community events!
JSSA Transitions and Hospice Volunteers
Ongoing opportunities | Click here for more info
City of Rockville
Ongoing Opportunities | Click here for more info
Seasonal & Volunteer Opportunities
- Gallery Exhibition Installer – (September – May, as needed) Help set up and take down artwork for exhibits in the Goldman Art Gallery.
- Goldman Art Gallery Greeter – Responsible for security in the gallery space, greets the public and provides information about gallery exhibit
- Technology Mentor – (Spring) Volunteers will teach and guide the senior adults of the Bender JCC to use computer & Internet
- Senior Health Assistant – (ongoing, as needed) Health care technicians are needed to administer blood pressure testing.
- Box Office Attendant – (ongoing) Serve as a box office attendant by taking tickets and answering questions for cultural arts events.
- Isadore & Bertha Gudelsky Exceptional Swim Program Volunteer – (September – May, Saturday’s at the Bender JCC between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.) Created for children, teens, and adults with physical disabilities, the time-honored program provides one-on-one support for participants with aquatic-based exercise and/or swim instruction under the direction of a physical therapist. For more information, contact Melanie and Herb Dubin at 301-622-1780 or at email@example.com.
- Help serve senior adults nutritious meals through the Selma Sweetbaum Senior Satellite Program, or share your expertise and engage the participants with presentations and activities.
- Help newcomers to the United States – (September – May) staff citizenship workshops or teach English as a Second Language (ESL) classes.
- Teach in the Adult Center for Education – Share your expertise and passion.
- Read stories to children in the Bender JCC Preschool and be a special part of a child’s life.
- Celebrate with the community by volunteering for special events:
- Book Festival – November 3-13, 2016
- Chanukah Party–
- Family Fun Day – December 25, 2016
- Purim Carnival –
- Good Deeds Day – April 2, 2017
- Israel Festival –