Kids After School
FULL! Participating in this full-school year program allows students in grades K-6 to socialize with friends, complete homework with staff assistance and stay active through a variety of supervised activities. Register Today (Join Wait List)!
- Licensed through the Maryland State Department of Education
- Features energetic and enthusiastic staff, a variety of activities, homework help, healthy snacks, and credit towards JCCGW youth enrichment classes.
- Care on days when school is out, including winter and spring breaks is included.*
- Supervised walkover from CESJDS is provided for all children in grades K-2.
- MCPS provides bus transportation to the JCCGW from Luxmanor and Farmland elementary and Tilden middle school.
*Free for students in grades K-6 participating in Kids After School on the days enrolled.
School Out Days
Teacher professional days and early dismissals often present a challenge for working parents of school-aged children. Kid Koverage provides quality programming during hours or days when school is not in session.
Kid Koverage Dates
- Monday, February 17: JDS & MCPS | 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday, February 28: MCPS | 12 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Monday, March 3: JDS | 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 28: MCPS | 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 23: JDS | 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 3: JDS | 12 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, June 12: MCPS | 12 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 13: MCPS | 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 13: JDS | 12 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
Spring Break Kid Koverage
Thursday, April 17 & Friday, April 18
Join us at the JCCGW for arts & crafts, sports, swimming and a fun field trip.Free for students in grade K-7 participating in Kids After School on the days enrolled in Kids After School.
Pre- & Post-Enrichment Class Care
Offered Monday-Thursday, 3:45-6 p.m.
Class Complement provides required supervision for your child before and/or after JCCGW enrichment classes. Children must be enrolled in an enrichment class on the same day as Class Complement. Healthy snacks are provided (30-Minute Plus program), and children are encouraged to bring homework, books, or other quiet activities from home.
This program provides required supervision for your child on an as-needed, drop-in basis. To register for Drop-In, please contact Stacy Katz Olivera at email@example.com 24 hours in advance. A healthy snack will be provided. Children can bring homework or a book or quiet activity from home.
*As children Drop-In to the Class Complement program, the same snack policy applies and will be offered at 4:45 p.m.
Walkover from CESJDS
This program provides supervised walkover from CESJDS to the JCCGW. Children can meet their parents or be escorted to an enrichment class. Register Today!
The JCCGW offers a variety of after-school enrichment classes designed to educate and enlighten students of various grades.