ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL
Camp JCC Transportation Options
Campers are picked up at convenient locations around Montgomery County. Bus counselors ride buses to help ensure the safety of all children. If your camper will ride the bus to and from camp, please reserve a space when you apply for camp.
For an additional fee.
Parents love our complimentary PM express bus option. It is very successful and will be back again for this coming summer! This is a PM only bus option. At the end of the regular camp day, the Express Bus transports campers from the Bender JCCGW to the “Park & Ride” located on the corner of Montrose Parkway and Hoya Street (just around the corner from the Bender JCC). Campers arrive at the Park & Ride at approximately 4:05 pm. This allows parents to save time and “skip the line” in our traditional parking lot carpool lane.
Camp JCC offers a convenient carpool drop-off and pick-up lane.
Parent Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Parents can also park and escort their campers into their base rooms before camp and pick them up in the parent pick-up room after camp.
AM Extended Day | 7:30-9:00 a.m.
PM Extended Day | 4-6 p.m.
For an additional fee.
ADOM, LAVAN & KACHOL
Pre-K to Entering Grade 2
These programs offer a variety of activities including daily instructional and recreational swim, sports, music, arts & crafts, Israel, teva (nature), drama and dance, as well as field trips throughout the summer.
- Adom 4s | Age 4 by 9/1/18 (do not participate in field trips)
- Adom 5s | Age 5 by 9/1/18 and entering Kindergarten
- Highlights include exciting theme days, special events and Shabbat celebrations.
- Lavan campers experience all the great highlights listed above (as part of Adom) plus 1 field trip per session. Past trips have included local water parks, county parks and playgrounds.
- Kachol campers experience all the great programs and activity highlights listed above (as part of Adom) and add to it 1 adventurous field trips per week. Previous trips have included local water parks, a pirate cruise, outdoor adventure and more.
KESEF – SILVER Specialty Camps
Entering grades 3 & 4 | Entering grades 5 & 6 (New for 2018)
Camp JCC is proud to offer our own brand of specialty fun and adventure for rising 3rd & 4th and 5th & 6th graders*. We are partnering with various industry-leading vendors this summer so campers can have it all! Campers will have the unique opportunity to spend part of their day in a specialty camp program and the other part lead by our awesome Camp JCC staff enjoying the fun camp activities we all know and love. Activities may include recreational swim, art, sports, music, dance and more to round out their day. We think this is simply the best of both worlds!
*Minimum enrollment required for each specialty option. Families will be contacted in March about enrollment.
ZAHAV | DAY TRIP ADVENTURES
Entering Grades 5 & 6
Zahav’s daily trips offer a busload of excitement, adventure and fun. Daily adventures include theme parks, water parks, hiking, ziplining, tubing – the possibilities are endless. Each session includes an overnight and Friday recreational swims back at Camp JCC.
OMANUT | CREATIVE ARTS
Entering Grades 1-7
Draw, paint, sculpt, design–be creative, express yourself and have oodles of fun in our enhanced art specialty camp program. Guided by working artists, campers enjoy the creative process and display their art at the end of each session. Instructional and recreational swim in our outdoor pool.
HABIMAH | THEATER ARTS
Entering Grades 2-7
Learn the craft and magic of acting and dancing from a faculty of experienced specialists. Activities may include yoga, improv, hip-hop, play writing, and set design. Campers perform live on stage twice during the summer. Recreational swim in our outdoor pool. Program offered sessions 1 & 2 (4 weeks) or session 3 (3 weeks).
MACCABIAH | SPORTS CAMP
Entering Grades 2 & 3 Juniors | Entering Grades 4-7 Seniors
Maccabiah campers choose their own sports and customize their own schedules. Sports are led by enthusiastic and experienced staff. Weekly intensives develop skills in a chosen sport while daily sport activities allow for recreational play. Sports may include baseball/t-ball, basketball, soccer, football, instructional and recreational swim!
TEEN TRAVEL CAMP
Entering Grades 7-9
Two 1-week travel-by-bus destinations per session!
Summer 2018, is bringing a change to our teen program. Campers will now enjoy two 1 week long trips each session with our incredible staff.
- Week 1 – Let’s start summer with a trip to the beach. Campers will travel to Virginia Beach with awesome stops along the way. Campers will enjoy Busch Gardens, Water Country USA and the sandy shores on this week long adventure.
- Week 2 – Celebrate July 4th where it all happened in Philadelphia. Enjoy a week filled with fun, excitement, and rich history. Campers will enjoy Hershey Park, historic sites in Philadelphia, and the countryside of Pennsylvania.
- Week 3 – Let’s go on an outdoor adventure in West Virginia. Campers will experience nature in our mountainous neighbor state. Campers will go hiking, rafting, and tubing in this week of surprises.
- Week 4 – Back to the beach! This time we are going to the Jersey shore. Campers will travel north, while stopping along the way to experience fun sights and attractions.
MADATZ | COUNSELOR IN TRAINING (CIT)
Entering Grade 10
So, you want to be a counselor? Start by developing leadership skills and learning what you need to know to work at Camp JCC. Earn 30 SSL hours per week. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a required interview before submitting a camper application.
KOCHAVIM | SENIOR STARS
Senior Stars, Ages 12-21
The Kochavim program is a transitional program for teens and young adults with a wide range of disabilities. Socialization, recreation and independent living skills are enhanced in a fun environment. An interview is required for new participants. Please note: AM/PM extended day is not available for Kochavim. Contact email@example.com for more information and to schedule an interview.
SUMMER KIDS CLUB | PRE- & POST-CAMP
Entering Pre-K to Grade 6
Aleph Week |
Bet Week |
Pre-K – Grade 1
|Kids Club||Kids Club||Kids Club|
|Kids Club||BIG IDEA||BIG IDEA|
For details on your summer camp experience, please see the two options, below.
Summer Kids Club
Traditional summer kids club is designed to pack your child’s days with an assortment of creative activities, including a daily recreational swim in our outdoor pool, two weekly field trips and special events. Children play sports, enjoy arts & crafts and engage in hands-on activities in an exciting, fun and supervised setting with quality staff. AM/PM Extended Day is available for an additional cost. Camp JCC medical forms can be used for these weeks. Please note that there will not be a registered nurse on-site. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campers entering 2nd -6th grades will participate in 1-week tech programs run by BIG IDEA. Each week offers the perfect mix of cutting-edge technology workshops along with fun outdoor activities, including recreational swim in our outdoor pool. Small group hands-on workshops are led by a professional team from Israel and local staff. AM/PM Extended Day is available for an additional cost. Camp JCC medical forms can be used for these weeks. Please note that there will not be a registered nurse on-site. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Bet Week: Photography, Video Game Design, 3D Modeling
- Gimmel Week: Lego Robotics, Animation, DJ Remixing