- Health Expo Ambassadors – The JCCGW is looking for energetic and friendly assistants to greet and guide Health Expo attendees on Thursday, May 30 from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Senior Health Assistant – Health care technicians are need to administer blood pressure testing.
- Senior Exercise Leader – Lead weekly chair exercises for a small group of seniors.
►Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
- Help serve seniors adults nutritious meals through the Senior Satellite Programs, or share your expertise and engage the participants with presentations and activities.
- Help newcomers to the United States – staff citizenship workshops or teach English as a Second Language (ESL) classes.
- Share your expertise and passion – teach in the Adult Center for Education.
- Support the cultural arts by welcoming people to the JCCGW and the community – serve as a greeter, work in the box office or as a docent in the Goldman Art Gallery.
- If you love the literary arts, staff the Kass Judaic Library.
- Be a special part of a child’s life – read stories to children in the JCCGW Preschool.
- Teen volunteers are technology mentors for senior adults. They work together one-on-one to help senior adults participants improve their skills with computers, social media, Internet resources, and mobile devices.
- Do you like to swim? Consider becoming a volunteer with the Gudelsky Swim Program, Saturday mornings at the JCCGW between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. This special program for children and adults with physical disabilities provides, on a one-on-one basis, exercise for the participants and/or swim instruction, under the direction of a physical therapist. We meet at the JCC pool on Saturdays between September and May.
For more information, contact Melanie and Herb Dubin at 301-622-1780 or at email@example.com.
- Celebrate with the community by volunteering for special events:
Health Expo – Thursday, May 30
Israel Festival – Sunday, June 9
Golf & Tennis Tournament – Monday, June 10
Book Festival – November 8-17
Chanukah Festival – Winter 2013
Film Festival – Winter 2013
Good Deeds Day – Spring 2014
Purim Festival – Spring 2014
Leveling the Playing Field
The JCCGW is partnering with Leveling the Playing Field to collect gently-used basketballs, kickballs, soccer balls and cleats for the City of Rockville's youth development programs.
The program is designed to help prevent youth from engaging in delinquent behaviors, specifically drug and alcohol abuse, gang involvement and other criminal activities. By involving at-risk kids in athletics, LTPF teaches valuable life skills that will help children find success in life.
Due to extensive budget cuts, supplying these programs with equipment has become a major challenge. By making this donation, we will allow them to direct their decreased funds to preventative workshop on the consequences of alcohol and drug abuse.
Donate used and excess basketballs, kickballs, soccer balls, and cleats. Donation bin located in the JCCGW lobby.
Volunteers of all ages have been a valuable part of the JCCGW family since it was established in 1913. And now in 2013, we will offer many opportunities for volunteers
to participate in our centennial celebrations.