|JCC Maccabi Games® & Mid-Atlantic Jr. Games
JCC Maccabi Games
Age 13-16. The JCC Maccabi Games are a week-long Olympic-style event held in different locations throughout the United States and Canada every summer. Although athletic competition is the focus of the event, the Games were designed to promote community service involvement, sportsmanship and religious pride. The enthusiasm and excitement that the Games generate make it a meaningful and memorable experience for all who are involved, from the athletes and volunteers to the coaches and host families. To find out how you can participate as an athlete or coach, contact Caroline Cardullo at 301-348-3890 or email@example.com
or Sarah Catanzaro at 301-348-3892 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Greater Washington will bring the following sports teams:
- Track and Field
- Girls Basketball
- Boys Basketball
- Inline Hockey
- Girls Soccer
- Boys Soccer
Athletes must be ages 13-16 as of July 31, 2013.
2013 JCC Maccabi ArtsFest®
August 4-9, 2013 | Apply Today!
Hosted by the Merage JCC of Orange County, CA
A creative arts experience for Jewish teens ages 13-17. Art specialties include vocal performance, acting/improv, visual arts, rock band/jazz, dance, musical theater, sports broadcast journalism/star reporter. Click here for more information about ArtsFest®.
Sunday, May 5, 2013
Hosted by the Kaiserman JCC in Wynnewood, PA
| $165 Members/$190 gen. public
Age 10-12. The Mid-Atlantic Junior Games offer a one-day experience, modeled after the JCC Maccabi Games. The Games draw participants from Maryland, DC, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and New York for a day of spirited competition in seven team and individual sports.For more information about tryouts or to volunteer as a coach, contact Sarah Catanzaro at 301-348-3892 or email@example.com
The JCC of Greater Washington will bring the following sports teams:
- Boys & Girls Basketball
- Boys & Girls Soccer
- Tennis (coed)
- Swimming (coed)
JCC Maccabi Mission
Today, with thousands of teens, 13 to 16 years old, participating each year at multiple sites, the JCC Maccabi Games® have achieved the following ambitious goals, set forth 25 years ago, thanks to hard work and dedication of hundreds of volunteers and professional staff:
- To offer JCCs in North America an opportunity to reach teens through participation in the JCC Maccabi Games® and in year-round educational, cultural, athletic and social programming and experiences in Israel.
- To provide Jewish youth with a supportive environment that fosters mutual respect and sportsmanship where they can interact in an atmosphere of fun, democracy and peace.
- To cultivate a deeper understanding and instill an appreciation of Jewish values with Jewish youth, enrich their Jewish identity in an informal setting and encourage their identification with the state of Israel.
- To promote health, physical fitness and well-being of Jewish youth through their participation in recreational and athletic activities.
- To introduce Jewish youth to the international Maccabi Movement, which presents athletic, social and cultural opportunities with Jews from around the world.
To participate in the JCC Maccabi Games all athletes must be Jewish, which is defined as follows: One of the athlete’s parents is Jewish and the athlete is being raised Jewish or is a Jew by choice and being raised Jewish.